Friday, October 31, 2008

dreamin

Ahhhhh! i always have these insane dreams and the urge to write them down but i never have the time seeing as how i wake up five minutes before i have to be somewhere. And in the event that i do have the time i am just lazy and assume i will remember the details, which i never do.

so anyyyy way. i was out late last night, and had a few drinks which i havent done in a while and for some reason, possibly the excess of the drinks, i had a headache while i was trying to sleep. This in combination with the constant competition with my dog for space on MY bed, i sadly did not get adequate sleep. I woke up at seven thirty for work and luckily got off at eleven. I ate some noodles and tried to dive into the Communist Manifesto, but sleep won me over. Thats what i get for laying in my bed. Any way, i believe this dream i had came from this other book i am reading called Brave New World, and it is excellent and i suggest everyone read it.

Any way, my dream was also very different that the book it put my own spin on things
and since it has been about an hour since i woke up things are already starting to blur so bear with me. This is more for me than you.

Soooo...im going to this camp experiment thing and i cant remember if i was forced to go or if i voluntarily went..i dont know but you entered through a gas station. Things go fast from there and i hate it there. They allow no ties to the outside world really...there is make up and hair supplies and jewelry but all of this stuff is promoted by skeletons. There are all these skeletons on these shelves wearing jewelry and makeup. The point was that even though we could have these things it made you ugly and people were not going to like you if you wore these material things, and you could possibly be punished for owning it.

Apparently we can wear the clothes we have because i was wearing a really cute outfit, and i only know this because i saw my reflection in the glass from a refrigerator section at the back of the "gas station". Boys and girls always had to be separated, and i stayed in a room with like three other girls, who i have never seen before in my life. But i was constantly telling them that they live in a prison and that the outside world is very fun and that they are missing out on a lot of things in life. while i found the idea to be completely unworldly very appealing i didnt think they needed to be punished and kept in such horrible and painful conditions. I was the only one in the whole place that would scream and protest against these horrible drills. We had to all line up and go through this processing room where all these scary people dressed in monks robes would burn you or whip you or cut you, to remind you that things of the world were bad. They would lead to certain death. And it sucked like i remember when it was my turn to go into the room i was clawing to get out. I was being sucked in. and in my mind i knew i was dreaming and i was trying to get myself to wake up so i didnt have to go through this room. but it didnt work because it sucked me in and i decided to do like stealth moves and roll and run through as fast as i could because it was completely dark other than candle flames and whip sounds. I remember i got burned and i was really pissed about it. but i escaped unharmed for the most part.
The room was trying to condition you to hate everything materialistic, and the more you went through it the more and more you became conditioned to live there and not protest them and do what they say all the time. The new people , me, had to go through like three times a week until we started to show progress, but it wasnt working on me at all. And every night this prick cop like figure would come around and he has this huge needle and syringe full of stuff that was supposed to make you sleep through the night and make you forget about life outside of the camp. The cop hated me because i fought him and avoided him all the time and so at night when he finally would catch up to me he would just stab me in the arm with this huge needle. That also hurt. and i would get really drowsy everytime he would do it and fall asleep. and i didnt like this because i felt like nightime was my only way to escape.
One night i was walking around outside, and where the gas pumps were supposed to be there were huge carousels, and instead of laughing pretty children riding the horses, there were these horrible putrid skeletons again. I think i was trying to find a pay phone because i had already been there so long and i was becoming desperate to get out, and thats when the prick found me outside. At any moment they can question you and tell you to empty your pockets to make sure everything is up to par with there standards so he approached me and grabbed my arm and demanded me to give him everything in my pockets. I had chapstick and coffee in my hand and he took that and he kept telling me that i knew what he was looking for and he knew i had it. And at that point im digging around in my pockets telling him i didnt have anything but i kept finding new things in my pocket. I found a watch and my favorite hot pink lipstick, and those things they put around your coffee cup at starbucks to help not burn your hands, and i then found a pen which i decided to drop to the ground and not tell him i had because for some reason i felt like it would piss him off. and at this point he had out that huge syringe again and i was begging and pleading with him not to dose me, and he was laughing and he was enjoying my struggle and he said are your pockets empty and i said yes but when i reached around to my other pocket there was more stuff in there, and thats when he stabbed me with the needle not once, but twice. AND IT HURT. so i took off running telling him he wasnt permitted to double does me and i was going to get him fired and he was going to pay for mistreating me, but then he started running after me and i passed out from the dose....and then i woke up.

like...it was sooooooooo extreme. i know it sounds like a bunch of gibberish right now but in my dream everything was so vivid and real and i swear i thought i was really there.




HAPPY HALLOWEEN! i love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love halloween!! even though i probably wont do anything tonight except stay in and clean my room, i just love halloween.

okay well i feel accomplished that i regurgitated that dream s o im going to go..probably eat candy that i dont need. bye!!

No comments: